2017年BEC中级口语练习:办公设备
Ⅰ.核心学习:办公设备常见问题
Billy: What’s going down?
比利:怎么了?
Michael: I have a problem.
迈克尔:我碰到了一个问题。
Billy: What’s that?
比利:什么问题?
Michael: I just bought a computer.
迈克尔:我刚买了一台电脑。
Billy: That’s great.
比利:好事啊。
Michael: But it keeps crashing.
迈克尔:可它老死机。
Billy: Have you had it checked out?
比利:你找人检查过了吗?
Michael: Yes, I think it might have a bug in one of its programs.
迈克尔:找了,我想可能其中一个软件有问题。
Billy: You should call the company service number.
比利:你应该给那家电脑公司服务部打电话,让他们来看看。
Michael: That’s what I will do. Maybe they can send some repairmen over to fix my machine.
迈克尔:我正打算这么做。也许他们会派维修人员来把我的机器修好。
Billy: But this cloud does have a silver lining, now you have more time to spend with me.
比利:这种情况也有好的一面,现在你可以有更多的时间来陪我了。
Michael: You’re right. Let’s go out for some coffee.
迈克尔:你说得对。我们去喝咖啡吧。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Bug : a problem in the program.
臭虫,电脑程序中的问题
ex:Windows software often has many bugs and is, therefore, annoying to use.
Windows (微软视窗)软件总是有许多问题,所以用起来很头疼。
2) To let someone go : a polite way of saying, "You’re fired."
辞去某人的比较礼貌委婉的说法
ex:After Bob messed up the presentation, the company decided to let him go.
鲍勃把报告作得一团糟后,公司决定让他辞职。
3) Every cloud has a silver lining : there is a good side in every situation
每种状况都有其好的一面
ex:Bob’s cloud has a silver lining. After being fired, he has more time to spend with his kids.
鲍勃的情况也有好的一面。失业后他有了更多的时间与孩子们呆在一起。
4) Down : not working
不工作了,坏了
ex:The copy machine is down and I can’t make any copies.
复印机坏了,我无法复印了。
5) Back on my feet : recover, get better
恢复
ex:Bob is already back on his feet, even though his wife had just left him just last month.
鲍勃已经恢复过来了,尽管妻子上个月刚刚离开了他。
6) Virus : a disease
病毒
ex:A computer virus attacked my hard drive.
电脑病毒袭击了我的硬盘。