商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第4课-接待来访者
Unit 4 Making appointment 接待来访者
“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才.
Unit 4 接受访问
KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o’ clock, don’ t you, Jenny?
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,酒井先生10点钟要来,你知道吗?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It’ s an important meeting, isn’ t it?
詹妮.罗斯:是的,我知道。这次会议很重要,是吗?
KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren’ t they? .[slaid][slaɪd]vt. & vi.滑动; 滑行
She slid along the ice.
她沿着冰面滑行。
凯特.麦凯纳:幻灯片已经准备好了,对吗?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.
詹妮.罗斯:是的,准备好了。
KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven’ t you? [’mɔnitə] 监视器, 监听器; 检测器
凯特.麦凯纳:你也检查过显示器,对吧?
JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.
詹妮.罗斯:是的, 凯特,我已经检查过了。
KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.
凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,不好意思,不过这次会议真是太重要了。
DON BRADLEY: Good morning!
堂.布拉德利:早上好!
JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.
詹妮.罗斯:你好, 堂。
DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?
堂.布拉德利:这可是个大日子,都准备好了吗?
JENNY ROSS: I think so.
詹妮.罗斯:我想是的。
KATE MCKENNA: Don, I’ m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?
凯特.麦凯纳:堂, 我对演示的最后一部分有点担心。我们能谈谈吗?
****
MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.
酒井先生:非常感谢你来接我。
CLIVE HARRIS: It’ s a pleasure. Don’ t mention it. .[,prezən’teiʃən]n表演
克莱夫.哈里斯:乐意效劳。没什么的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Is your hotel okay?
克莱夫.哈里斯:宾馆还好吧?
MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It’ s fine.
酒井先生:是的, 谢谢。很好。
CLIVE HARRIS: It is good of you to visit us.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你来探望我们真是太好了。
Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.
谢谢你抽出时间来,我知道你的行程很紧。
MR. SAKAI: It’ s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.
酒井先生:这是我的荣幸,哈里斯先生。
I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems. .[’brɪtn]n.不列颠,英国
我很高兴来英国。并且很期望对Bibury系统公司的参观。
CLIVE HARRIS: It’ s kind of you to say so.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你这么说真是太感谢你了。
We’ ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile. .[,wə:θ’wail] adj.值得的, 值钱的, 有价值的
我们会尽一切努力使你的来访有价值。
DON BRADLEY: You’ re seeing Phil Watson at twelve o’ clock about the display unit design.
.[dis’plei]n.陈列, 展览
堂.布拉德利:你12点钟要见菲尔•沃森,商谈展品的设计。
Do you understand the problem?
你明白有什么问题了?
EDWARD GREEN: No, I don’ t.
爱德华.格林:不,没有。
DON BRADLEY: These are the rough designs.
堂.布拉德利:这些是设计初稿。
Choosing the right colour is very important.
选择正确的颜色是很重要的。
EDWARD GREEN: Sorry, could you explain what you mean?
爱德华.格林:不好意思,能解释一下你的意思吗?
DON BRADLEY: Well, we need different colours.
堂.布拉德利:哦,我们需要不同的颜色。
EDWARD GREEN: Ah, do you mean stronger colours?
爱德华.格林:啊,你是说要更深的颜色吗?
DON BRADLEY: Yes, I do.
堂.布拉德利:是的。
This display unit must make an impact.
这件展品必须给人眼前一亮的感觉。
It’ s very important.
这很重要。
It must look right for the launch.
它必须要适合本次的发布。
It must look exciting.
必须令人心动。
EDWARD GREEN: I understand.
爱德华.格林:我明白了。
DON BRADLEY: Well, make sure that Phil understands.
堂.布拉德利:对了,一定要让菲尔明白。
Also this pictures of Big Boss need to be bigger...
另外,“大老板”的照片还要大些……
****
CLIVE HARRIS: So, we aren’ t a very big company...but I think we are very efficient.
.[i’fiʃənt]adj.有能力的, 率高的
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们公司尽管不是很大……,但办事效率却是很高的。
MR. SAKAI: How many people do you employ?
酒井先生:你们公司有多少员工?
CLIVE HARRIS: About seven hundred full-time.
克莱夫.哈里斯:有约700名全职员。
But we take on casual staff when we need them. [’kæʒjuəl]临时的, 不定期的
但有需要时我们也会雇临时工。
Would you like some more coffee, Mr. Sakai?
酒井先生,要不要再来些咖啡?
MR. SAKAI: No, thank you. And, please, call me Kazo.
酒井先生:不, 谢谢。请还是叫我加须吧。
CLIVE HARRIS: And you must call me Clive.
克莱夫.哈里斯:那你就叫我克莱夫。
So, shall we have a look around?
那么,我们四处参观一下?
MR. SAKAI: That would be very nice.
酒井先生:那太好了。
CLIVE HARRIS: Then perhaps we could have some lunch.
克莱夫.哈里斯:之后,我们可以一起吃午餐。午餐后,我的几名高级经理会给你做场演示。
And then after lunch some of my senior managers will make a presentation to you.
.[,prezən’teiʃən]n.表演
Would you like to leave your coat and briefcase here?
你要不要把外套和公文包放在这里?
MR. SAKAI: Thank you.
酒井先生:谢谢。
CLIVE HARRIS: And this is our Sales and Marketing Department.
克莱夫.哈里斯:这是我们的销售和市场营销部。 你还没见过凯特.麦凯纳吧?
I don’ t think you have met Kate Mckenna.
她是我们的销售主管。
She is Head of Sales. KATE MCKENNA: How do you do?
凯特.麦凯纳:你好!
MR. SAKAI: Kazo Sakai, let me give you my card.
酒井先生:加须.酒井,这是我的卡片。
KATE MCKENNA: Thank you.
凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢。
CLIVE HARRIS: And this is Don Bradley.
克莱夫.哈里斯:这位是堂.布拉德利。
DON BRADLEY: Hello, Mr. Sakai. We have spoken on the phone.
堂.布拉德利:你好, 酒井先生。我们在电话上交谈过。
MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Bradley. You are American.
酒井先生:你好, 布拉德利先生。你是美国人。
And what part of America are you from?
美国哪个地方?
DON BRADLEY: Los Angeles. But I have lived in the UK for five years. I like... /Ah. I have visited ?
堂.布拉德利:洛杉矶。不过我在英国已经住来年了。我喜欢……/啊。我参观过 ……
MR. SAKAI: I’ m sorry.
酒井先生:对不起。
DON BRADLEY: No, please,after you.
堂.布拉德利:不,你先请。