商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第15课-款待来宾
“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才。
Unit 15 Entertaining visitors 款待来宾
KATE MCKENNA: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your attention.
凯特.麦凯纳:女士们、先生们,谢谢大家全神贯注。
But...I would just like to say a few more words...I promise to keep it brief.
但是……我还要多说几句……我保证很简短。
I know that one or two of you have to leave now, but for those who can stay, it’ s time to relax.
我知道你们中的一、两位必须马上离开,但那些可以留下来的人,现在可以松弛一下了。
We have prepared some refreshments so that you can talk informally about how we can work together to make Big Boss a success.
我们准备了一些点心、饮料,大家可以随意谈论一下,我们要怎样共同努力才能使 "大老板"获得成功。
The table that’ s over there has plenty of food on it!
那边桌子上堆满了食物!
And I hope to be able to speak to all of you before you leave.
我希望在大家离开之前能和你们每个人都谈一下。
And once again, thank you very much for coming.
再次感谢大家的莅临。
CLIVE HARRIS: Don, what are your plans for this weekend?
克莱夫.哈里斯:堂,周末你有没有安排?
DON BRADLEY: Nothing special. Why?
堂.布拉德利:没什么特别的事情。有什么事吗?
CLIVE HARRIS: Sakai is back in London for a week before flying home.
克莱夫.哈里斯:酒井要来呆上一周,之后才搭飞机回家。
He still hasn’ t decided which company he wants to deal with.
他还没有决定和哪家公司合作交易。
He is interested in Dealer Dan.
他对"商人丹"感兴趣。
We will have to work hard.
我们必须努力才行。
We have to close this deal.
我们必须要完成这份交易。
He may be free this weekend and a friend of Sakai’ s told me he’ s a keen golfer.
他这个周末或许有空,酒井的一位朋友告诉我,他酷爱打高尔夫。
Will you be able to offer him a game?
你能请他打一局吗?
DON BRADLEY: Yes, I could call him at his hotel.
堂.布拉德利:好的,我可以打电话到他住的宾馆。
KATE MCKENNA: Yes...we know how important the American market is.
凯特.麦凯纳:是的……我们知道美国市场是多么的重要。
In fact our Chief Executive appointed an American as Director of Marketing and Sales.
实际上,我们的总裁委任一名美国人作为营销和销售部主管。
Well, you know Don Bradley...he’ s born and bred in Los Angles.
你认识堂.布拉德利 …… 他在洛杉矶出生、长大。
DON BRADLEY: Ah, Mr. Sakai, this is Don Bradley from Bibury Systems.
堂.布拉德利:啊,酒井先生,我是Bibury系统公司的堂.布拉德利。
MR. SAKAI: Ah, yes, hello Don.
酒井先生:啊,你好,堂。
DON BRADLEY: How’ s your trip going?
堂.布拉德利:你的旅行还好吧?
MR. SAKAI: Very well, thank you.
酒井先生:很好,谢谢。
Hard work, but very useful.
工作有难度,但很有用。
DON BRADLEY: I hear you play golf?
堂.布拉德利:我听说你喜欢打高尔夫?
MR. SAKAI: That’ s right. I do.
酒井先生:对。我喜欢打。
DON BRADLEY: I’ m a member of a very good club that’ s not far from your hotel.
堂.布拉德利:我是一家不错的高尔夫俱乐部的会员,这个俱乐部离你的宾馆不远。
Would you care for a round tomorrow?
有没有兴趣明天打一局?
MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much, but I have just arranged to visit some tourist sites tomorrow.
酒井先生:非常感谢,不过我已经安排了明天去参观一些旅游景点。
DON BRADLEY: Then how about on Sunday?
堂.布拉德利:那星期天怎么样?
MR. SAKAI: Yes. That’ s fine.
酒井先生:好。星期天可以。
DON BRADLEY: Can I offer you a lift?
堂.布拉德利:我来接你好吗?I’ ll come to collect you at your hotel at 10.30.
我10:30到你的宾馆接你。
MR. SAKAI: That’ s very nice of you.
酒井先生:你太好了。
DON BRADLEY: Let’ s meet in the hotel lobby.
堂.布拉德利:我们在宾馆大堂见。
MR. SAKAI: Fine.
酒井先生:好的。
KATE MCKENNA: Would you excuse me?
凯特.麦凯纳:抱歉,能打扰一下吗?
I must just have a quick word with George before he goes.
乔治走之前,我要跟他说两句,很快的。
George, thank you very much for coming.
乔治,谢谢你的光临。