2017年BEC中级口语练习:改造办公室工作环境
Ⅰ.核心学习:Office Ergonomics 改造办公室工作环境
Michael: Who do you think is taller - you or me?
迈克尔:你觉得谁更高-我还是你?
Billy: I am, of course. I am heaps taller than you.
比利:当然是我了。我比你高多了。
Michael: But I seem to remember that I used to be at least 2 inches taller than you.
迈克尔:不过我好像记得我以前至少比你高两英寸。
Billy: Maybe you are shrinking?
比利:也许你正在萎缩?
Michael: I hope not! If I am, by the time I am 50, I’ll be a dwarf.
迈克尔:我希望不是这样!如果是这样,等我到50岁的时候我就成侏儒了。
Billy: Well, if you are not shrinking, maybe it’s because your posture is poor.
比利:唔,如果你没有萎缩,可能是因为你的姿势不好。
Michael: You think I am slouching when I stand?
迈克尔:你觉得我站的时候站不直?
Billy: I am not an ergonomics expert, but it looks that way to me.
比利:我不是工效学方面的专家,不过我觉得你看起来是那样。
Michael: It’s time for you to give me some lessons in working comfortably I think.
迈克尔:我觉得你该给我上一些有关舒适地工作方面的课程了。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Heaps: much, a lot
很,非常的:许多,大量的
ex:When I grow up, I want to have heaps of money so I don’t have to worry about anything.
等我长大的时候我想有很多钱,这样我就什么事情都不用担心了。
2) Shrinking: getting smaller
收缩,萎缩,缩水:变小
ex:Either all of my clothes are shrinking when I wash them or I am getting fatter!
要么我洗衣服时我的所有衣服在缩水,要么我在长胖!
3) Dwarf: a person of unusually small stature
侏儒:身材异常小的人
ex:Some people prefer to use the words ’little person’ instead of dwarf, because they think it will cause less offence.
有些人更喜欢用“小个子”一词而不是侏儒,因为他们觉得那样不那么伤人。
4) Ergonomics: science of designing and arranging things so that the people and things interact efficiently and safely
工效学,工作环境改造学:设计与安排事物,使人与物的互动有效、安全的科学