中级商务英语口语大全:性骚扰
Ⅰ.核心学习:Sexual harassment 性骚扰
Michael: Wow! Have you seen the new fox in the accounts payable department?
迈克尔:哇!你看到帐目支出部新来的狐狸精了吗?
Billy: Not yet. Is she really hot?
比利:还没有。她真的很性感?
Michael: She sure is. I think she is the most stunning woman I have even seen in our company.
迈克尔:没错。我觉得她是我在咱们公司有史以来看到的最迷人的女人。
Billy: Maybe we should go pay her a visit and introduce ourselves?
比利:也许我们应该去看看她,(向她)介绍我们自己?
Michael: I’m not going with you. You will be trying to grope her hair and brush against her body all the time.
迈克尔:我不和你一起去。你会一直要去摸她的头发、蹭她的身体。
Billy: Michael, you know me better than that! I would never do such a thing to a colleague.
比利:迈克尔,你知道我没那么差劲!我永远都不会对同事做出这样的事情。
Michael: That’s good, because there are strict laws about sexual harassment in the workplace.
迈克尔:那很好,因为关于工作中的性骚扰有很严厉的法律条文。
Billy: I know. I don’t want to lose my job even if it is for the most beautiful woman in the firm.
比利:我知道。即使是为了公司里最漂亮的女人我也不想失去我的工作。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Fox: a derogatory word for a beautiful women, it is wise not to use this term
狐狸精:贬损漂亮女人的一个词,最好不要去用它
ex:Only someone with no manners would call a woman a fox! It’s not polite.
只有没有礼仪的人才会去叫一个女人狐狸精!这么做不礼貌。
2) Accounts payable: responsible for paying all of the company’s bills
帐目支出:负责支付公司的所有帐单
ex:To work in accounts payable you need a strong attention to detail and be able to count lots of money.
在帐目支出(部门)工作你需要高度注意细节(的东西),并且能够数很多钱。
3) Grope: grab, touch roughly
摸索:粗粗地抓,触摸
ex:I was groped on the subway one day so I turned around and kicked the very rude man in the shins.
一天我在地铁里被人摸了,所以我转过身,踢了那个粗鲁男人的小腿。
4) Colleague: Someone you work with
同事:和你一起工作的人
ex:It is very important to have respect for your colleagues - even if you don’t really like them.
尊重你的同事是很重要的-即使你不太喜欢他们。