中级商务英语口语大全:做个好经理
Ⅰ.核心学习:Being a Good Manager 做个好经理
Michael: Hey Billy - who is the new guy going into the CFO’s office?
迈克尔:嘿,比利-走进首席财务官办公室那个新来的家伙是谁?
Billy: Why are you whispering, Michael?
比利:你为什么小声说话,迈克尔?
Michael: I don’t want anyone to hear me. Do you know who the suit is?
迈克尔:我不想让别人听到。你知道那个经理是谁吗?
Billy: I think he might be our new manager!
比利:我觉得他可能是我们的新经理!
Michael: You mean we are getting a new head-honcho?
迈克尔:你是说我们要有一个新工头?
Billy: Maybe. He looks like the management type.
比利:可能。他看起来像那种管理类型的。
Michael: Do you think I look like potential management?
迈克尔:你觉得我看起来像是潜在的管理人员吗?
Billy: I think you look OK, but do you know what it takes to be a good manager?
比利:我觉得你看起来还行,不过你知道要做一个好的经理人需要什么吗?
Michael: Not really, but I get the feeling that you are about to tell me.
迈克尔:不太清楚,不过我觉得你就要告诉我了。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) CFO: Chief Financial Officer
CFO:首席财务官
ex:A company’s CFO is usually responsible for all of the financial aspects of running the organization.
公司的首席财务官通常负责公司运作财务方面的所有事情。
2) Suit: sometimes used to mean a manager as opposed to technical or professional staff
经理:有时候用来指经理,而不是技术或专业人员
ex:When I worked in an advertising agency, the suits always looked down on the creative staff.
当我在一家广告公司工作的时候,经理老是瞧不起有创意的员工。
3) Head-honcho: the boss, your manager
工头:老板,你的经理
ex:It’s probably not a good idea to let your manager hear you calling them the head-honcho!
让你的经理听见你叫他们工头大概不是什么好主意!
4) Potential: something that might happen
潜在的:可能发生的事情
ex:I have the potential to be an Olympic athlete, but I am just too lazy to do any training.
我有成为奥林匹克运动员的潜能,不过我就是太懒了,什么训练也没参加。