商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第8课-参观公司
“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才。
Unit 8 Showing visitors around the company 带领访客参观公司
此课程是围绕商务活动而展开的,从产品的开发,推销、制造直至签约文件,通过此课程你能学到一些在商务活动中地道的表达方法,也能学到如何进行商务活动的技巧。
为了让更多的经贸人员尽快适应我国对外贸易迅速发展的经济形势,原版英语从互联网为大家精选了这套商务英语口语视频教程,帮您学习商务英语口语,进而驰骋国际商务交际圈。
“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才.
EDWARD GREEN: Phil, thanks for coming.
爱德华.格林:菲尔, 谢谢你的来访。
PHIL WATSON: I’ m sorry I’ m late.
菲尔.沃森:对不起,我迟到了。
EDWARD GREEN: No problem.
爱德华.格林:没关系。
PHIL WATSON: The traffic was very bad.
菲尔.沃森:交通太糟糕了。
EDWARD GREEN: You have been here before, haven’ t you?
爱德华.格林:你以前来过,对吧?
PHIL WATSON: Once. A very short visit to Don Bradley’ s office.
菲尔.沃森:来过一次。就用很短的时间参观了一下堂.布拉德利的办公室。
EDWARD GREEN: Perhaps I could show you around after the meeting.
爱德华.格林:或许会后我可以带你四处看看。
PHIL WATSON: Yes, please.
菲尔.沃森:好,有劳了。
EDWARD GREEN: I’ ll give you the guided tour.
爱德华.格林:我会带你参观的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Thanks for going to Southford Components yesterday.
克莱夫.哈里斯:谢谢 你昨天亲临Southford Components。
DON BRADLEY: It was no problem.
堂.布拉德利:没什么。
CLIVE HARRIS: I want to keep Derek working on Big Boss.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我想要德里克不要停下“大老板”。
So what did you think of the Southford set up?
你认为南佛的布置怎样?
DON BRADLEY: This is their sales brochure.
堂.布拉德利:这是他们的销售手册。
They seem quite competent.
看起来很有竞争力
CLIVE HARRIS: Where is it?
克莱夫.哈里斯:在什么地方?
DON BRADLEY: It’ s just by the freeway near intersection eight.
堂.布拉德利:就在八号立交桥附近的高速公路旁。
It’ s in a large Greenfield site in a new development.
就在新发展区的商场。
CLIVE HARRIS: Who did you see there?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你都见了谁?
DON BRADLEY: I had a long meeting with the C.E.O.
堂.布拉德利:我和他们的总裁开了个长会。
They have excellent robotics and a hi-tech production line.
他们的机器人技术很棒,有一条高科技生产线。
CLIVE HARRIS: It looks impressive.
克莱夫.哈里斯:看起来很不错。
DON BRADLEY: There are their R & D laboratories.
堂.布拉德利:他们有研发实验室。
They have a very big budget.
预算很大。
They commit five percent of their profit to that department.
他们把5%的利润都投到了这个部门。
And they’ re doing some very innovative work in solar energy.
他们在太阳能方面做了些创新的工作。
CLIVE HARRIS: Okay, so what’ s the down side?
克莱夫.哈里斯:好的,那么不好的一面是有那些?
DON BRADLEY: Well, I’ m slightly unhappy about a couple of things.
堂.布拉德利:哦,我对几件事不是很满意。
They are expensive.
他们有些贵。
We could buy in components cheaper from another source.
我们可以从其他供应商那里买到更便宜的部件。
And they do supply a lot of companies, including one or two of our rivals.
他们确实为很多公司供货,包括一、两个我们的竞争对手。
However they took me out for an excellent lunch!
不过,他们带我去吃的午餐确实不错!
CLIVE HARRIS: So what do you think?
克莱夫.哈里斯:那你认为怎么样?
DON BRADLEY: Well, I can see that they’ re a strong option,
堂.布拉德利:哦,我认为他们是个强有力的选择,
but I am seeing a couple of other suppliers next week.
不过下周我会见几个其他的供货商。考试用书
CLIVE HARRIS: Well, let’ s wait and see.
克莱夫.哈里斯:那就等等看。
CLIVE HARRIS: Come in.
克莱夫.哈里斯:近来。
EDWARD GREEN: Sorry to interrupt but Phil is here with the designs.
爱德华.格林:抱歉打断了你,不过菲尔带着设计过来了。
DON BRADLEY: Okay, I’ m coming right now.
堂.布拉德利:好的,我马上来。
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST: I’ m very sorry about Ms. McKenna’ s booking.
宾馆接待员:麦凯纳女士预订的事,我很抱歉。
It’ s my fault.
是我的错。
How stupid of me. I didn’ t check.
我真笨,没检查一下。
ASSISTANT MANAGER: Don’ t worry about it, Samantha, but please be careful in the future.
助理经理:别担心,萨曼塔,但今后要细心。
KATE MCKENNA: Sorry to interrupt,
凯特.麦凯纳:对不起,打扰一下,
but before I go, I would like to speak to someone about conference facilities.
在我离开之前我想了解一下会议设施。
ASSISTANT MANAGER: Of course. Let me show you what we can offer.
助理经理:当然。让我来向你展示我们能做什么。
How many people are involved?
有多少人?
KATE MCKENNA: I need to arrange a day’ s presentation to about sixty agents.
凯特.麦凯纳:我需要安排约60人的演示,时间是一天。
ASSISTANT MANAGER: Have you time now to look at our facilities?
助理经理:你现在有时间看一下我们的设施吗?