商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第13课-商业旅行
“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才。
Unit 13 Entertaining visitors 款待来宾
CLIVE HARRIS: We have direct competition from J.K. Toys.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们面临J.K.玩具公司的直接竞争。
We have to make sure that the sales and marketing campaign for Big Boss is the best we have ever done.
我们一定要确保"大老板"的销售和营销攻势是我们做的最好的一次。
So we are going to have to make an extra effort.
所以我们要做出额外的努力。
We have brought the launch date forward to January 15th.
我们把上市日期提前到1月15日。
It will be very tight, but I am sure that we can make this deadline.
时间会很紧,但我相信我们做的到。
Do you agree?
So, let’ s just outline what we are going to do.
那么,我简单地说明一下我们要做的事情。
Kate, I think you should get the sales people in the States together as soon as possible.
凯特,我想你应该尽快组织好美国的销售人员。KATE MCKENNA: Okay, I’ ll be on the first available flight.
凯特.麦凯纳:好的,我做最早的班机去。
CLIVE HARRIS: You ought to make sure that they understand how important this Big Boss project is.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你要确保他们明白"大老板"这个项目的重要性。
KATE MCKENNA: Should I talk to our UK agents as well?
凯特.麦凯纳:我要不要也同英国的代理打个招呼?
CLIVE HARRIS: No, I think you ought to leave that to Don.
克莱夫.哈里斯:不,我想这个还是让堂处理吧。
KATE MCKENNA: Okay.
凯特.麦凯纳:好的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, I think you should visit the component suppliers that Don saw last week.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,我认为你应该去参观一下堂上周看过的部件供应商。
Confirm that they can meet these new deadlines.
确认他们可以在新的期限前完成供应。
It抯 essential that they deliver on time, on spec and on price.
他们按时、按规格、按价交货是必需的。
DEREK JONES: Okay.
德里克.琼斯:好的。
CLIVE HARRIS: Don, what are your plans?
克莱夫.哈里斯:堂,你有什么计划?
DON BRADLEY: I have arranged to go to see some of our overseas franchise holders next week.
堂.布拉德利:我已经安排了下周去见见我们海外的特许经营权者。
CLIVE HARRIS: What countries are you going to?
克莱夫.哈里斯:要去哪些国家?
DON BRADLEY: I’ m going to Italy, Egypt and Germany.
堂.布拉德利:我会去意大利、埃及和德国。
CLIVE HARRISL: I don’ t think you should go, Don.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我认为你不应该去,堂。
I think you ought to stay at head office.
我认为你应该留在总部。
It’ s essential that you co-ordinate the new launch strategy.
由你来协调新的上市策略才是重要的。
DON BRADLEY: Okay. I don’ t want to cancel those meetings.
堂.布拉德利:好的。我不想取消这些会议。
Could I send Edward?
我可以派爱德华去吗?
CLIVE HARRIS: Do you think he’ s ready for that?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你认为他已胜任了吗?
DON BRADLEY: Edward is very capable and I think a little international business travel will broaden his horizons.
堂.布拉德利:爱德华很胜任,我认为有些国际商务旅行的经历会开阔他的眼界。
CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, certainly.
克莱夫.哈里斯:是的,当然。
Send Edward, but you ought to brief him very carefully.
就派爱德华去吧,但你要仔细地向他作交代。
DON BRADLEY: Sure.
堂.布拉德利:当然。来自
CLIVE HARRIS: Good. I’ ll talk to the Bank.
克莱夫.哈里斯:好。我会同银行谈。
I’ ll try to re-schedule the loan.
我要设法重新安排贷款。
It won’ t be easy.
这事不会容易。
DON BRADLEY: Geraldine, have you see Edward?
堂.布拉德利:杰拉尔丁,你看见爱德华了吗?
GERALDINE: He was here a second ago.
杰拉尔丁:他刚刚还在这儿。
DON BRADLEY: Thanks.
堂.布拉德利:谢谢。
Jenny, I am not going to be able to make the meeting with the franchise holders next week.
詹妮,我下周不能同那些特许经营权者会面了。
JENNY BOSS: Oh, I have just finished typing up your itinerary.
詹妮:哦,我才打完你的行程表。
DON BRADLEY: Sorry.
堂.布拉德利:对不起。
Ah, Edward, are you interested in a little foreign travel?
啊,爱德华,有没有兴趣到国外旅行?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes. Very.
爱德华.格林:有。很有兴趣。
DON BRADLEY: How would you like to go to Italy on Tuesday?
堂.布拉德利:周二去意大利怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: That would be very nice.
爱德华.格林:那太好了。
DON BRADLEY: Good. And Egypt on Thursday?
堂.布拉德利:好。周四去埃及?
EDWARD GREEN: Oh yes!
爱德华.格林:哦,好!
DON BRADLEY: And then back via Frankfurt.
堂.布拉德利:然后经由法兰克福回来。
EDWARD GREEN: How much cash do you think I should take?
爱德华.格林:你认为我该带多少现金?
DON BRADLEY: Ah, you don’ t have a corporate charge card.
堂.布拉德利:啊,你没有公司赊帐卡。
Cash is going to be a bit of a problem.
现金会有点小问题。
We’ ll give you an advance against expenses.
那就先预支费用吧。
EDWARD GREEN: Should I entertain any of the clients?
爱德华.格林:我要不要招待这些客户?
DON BRADLEY: I’ ll give you a full briefing before you go.
堂.布拉德利:你出发前,我会详细地向你说明。
But yes, I don’ t see why not.
当然要,为什么不要。
You should buy Mr. Lang in Germany a meal.
你应该请德国的郎先生吃餐饭。
We owe him hospitality.
我们欠他的情。
In fact, he always pays for everything.
实际上,一直是他买单。
JENNY ROSS: When you get to Italy, Mr. Barbetti, the Assistant Sale Manager, will meet your flight.
詹妮.罗斯:你到意大利时,助理销售经理巴伯蒂先生会在机场接你。
He’ ll be at arrivals at Milan airport.
他会在米兰机场的入境大厅等你。
EDWARD GREEN: How will I know who Mr. Barbetti is?
爱德华.格林:怎么才知道谁是巴伯蒂先生呢?
JENNY ROSS: I’ ll make sure he’ s carrying a Bibury Systems brochure.
詹妮.罗斯:我会让他拿本Bibury系统公司的手册。
DON BRADLEY: Don’ t spend too much on room service.
堂.布拉德利:别在客房服务上花太多的钱。
And get a receipt for everything.
办什么事都要拿收据。
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST: How may I help you?
宾馆接待员:我能帮忙吗?
KATE MCKENNA: I’ d like to send a fax to London, please.
凯特.麦凯纳:我要发份传真到伦敦。
HOTEL RECEPTIONIST: Of course.
宾馆接待员:当然可以。
If you could fill out this form and give it back to me, we’ ll send it off straight away.
请填完这份表,再还给我,我们就马上帮你传。