商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第14课-介绍产品
“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才。
Unit 14 介绍产品
KATE MCKENNA: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much for coming this afternoon.
凯特.麦凯纳:女士们、先生们,非常感谢大家今天下午的莅临。
In the next hour or so I’ m going to introduce you to a completely new concept in toy manufacture.
在接下来的一个小时左右的时间里,我将向大家介绍一个玩具制造业全新的构思。
I shall begin by talking about the market research which led to the development of this product.
我先讲的是这款产品得以研发的市场调查。
Then I shall explain the technical developments, the production and our marketing strategy.
然后,我会解释技术方面的研发、成果以及营销策略。
Finally I shall outline our recommendations as to how you can make this product a success in your territory.
最后,我会向大家概括说明我们对怎样使这款产品在各自的市场区域成功销售的一些建议。
By the end of the hour you will be able to see why Bibury Systems are so committed to this new venture and why we so confident that we can capture the American market.
结束时,大家会对Bibury系统公司为何对这次商机全力以赴,以及为何我们会对赢得美国市场满怀信心。
So let’ s begin with the background...
下面我们开始讲一下这款产品的背景……
JENNY ROSS: Can I speak to Phil Watson please?
詹妮.罗斯:请菲尔.沃森接电话好吗?
...This is Jenny from Bibury Systems.
……我是Bibury系统公司的詹妮。
PHIL WATSON: Hello, Phil Watson.
菲尔.沃森:你好,菲尔.沃森。
JENNY ROSS: Phil, this is Jenny from the marketing department of Bibury Systems.
詹妮.罗斯:菲尔,我是Bibury系统公司市场营销部的詹妮。
PHIL WATSON: Hi, Jenny. How’ s life?
菲尔.沃森:你好,詹妮。日子过的怎样?
JENNY ROSS: Complicated.
詹妮.罗斯:一言难尽。
I’ ve been leaving urgent message for you for the last few days, but you obviously haven’ t seen them.
过去的几天,我一直给你留了紧急短信,但你明显没有看到。
I am afraid it looks like our competitors, J.K. Toys, have got something that is very similar to Big Boss.
恐怕我们的竞争对手J.K.玩具公司有了与"大老板"很相似的产品。
PHIL WATSON: Oh no. How similar?
菲尔.沃森:哦,不会吧。有多相似?
JENNY ROSS: It’ s bad news.
詹妮.罗斯:这是个坏消息。
J.K. Toys are launching their product in six weeks time,J.K.
玩具公司将在6周内推出他们的产品,
so we have decided to bring forward our launch date again.
所以我们决定再次提前我们产品的上市日期。
Can you bring over your designs so Don can see them?
你能把你的设计带过来让堂看看吗?www.examw.com
PHIL WATSON: They’ re not finished yet, but I’ ll bring everything I have...
菲尔.沃森:还没完成呢,但我会把所有已经……
KATE MCKENNA: ...So to sum up, everything indicated that the market was ready for a hi-tech product,
凯特.麦凯纳:……所以,总而言之,所有迹象表明对于高科技产品市场已经成熟了,
a product that would appeal to both parents and children,
这款高科技产品应该对家长和孩子都有所求,
a product that lets the user decide the character of the toy.
这款产品应该是由使用者来决定玩具的特征。
Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce a break-through in toy technology.
女士们、先生们,请让我向大家介绍玩具技术的一项突破。
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Big Boss"
女士们、先生们,我向你们推介"大老板"。
BIG BOSS: My name is "Big Boss"
"大老板":我是"大老板"。
In six months’ time everyone here in the United States of America will be talking about "Big Boss"
在6个月的时间里,美国的大众将津津乐道 "大老板",
and you, my friends, can take a share in my incredible success.
而你们,我的朋友们,可以在我惊人的成功里占有一席之地。
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, I’ ve got fifteen minutes.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,我有15分钟的时间。
That’ s all. I have a meeting with the accountant.
就这么多。我和会计还有个会。
DEREK JONES: I would just like you to take a look.
德里克.琼斯:我只是想让你看看。
It won’ t take long.
时间不会久。
It’ s a development of Big Boss.
是"大老板"的升级。
It’ s Big Boss Mark 2.
马克二世。
CLIVE HARRIS: It looks a bit like Big Boss.
克莱夫.哈里斯:看起来有点儿像"大老板"。
DEREK JONES: But it has emotions.
德里克.琼斯:但它有情感。
It can cry. It can laugh.
它会哭、会笑。
Not just make the noise.
而不仅仅是制造噪音。
Every doll on the market can do that.
市场上的每个洋娃娃都会出声。
No, Mark 2 can actually make the movements.
不,马克二世实际上可以做动作。
And the gestures.
打手势。