托福口语:美剧中的托福口语台词(四)
Part4
- a couple of days ago. 几天以前。
- a man’s life is at stake, and maybe your son can help him. 有个人现在生命垂危,或许你儿子能帮他。 at stake=危险
- but average glucose for the non- diabetic is about 100 milligrams per deciliter 但是非糖尿病患者的平均葡萄糖值只有大概每1/10公 升100毫克。glucose=葡萄糖,non-diabetic=非糖尿病的。
- Crab can’t help nobody, lady. Crab不能帮助任何人。
- Don’t hang up. 不要挂断。
- I do? 是吗?
Alternating current,direct current. 交流电,直流电。
-"As soon as possible" is not a specific time. "尽快"不是一个确切的时间。
-I ain’t mad at you. 我不怪你。 “不怪你”原来是酱紫说滴啊。
-I am the last person in the world that my father listens to. 我是我父亲最不想听的人。
-I love you more. 我也爱你。这下知道人家对你说这句话的时候怎么应答了吧?
- I’m looking for Crab Simmons. Are you related? 我在找Crab Simmons,你和他有关系吗?
- It was the only way I could go through with it. go through with=完成,把...进行到底。
-I was set up! 我是被陷害的!
- Just want you to know I’m coming for you.只想让你知道我是为你而来的。come for=为某种目的而来;向...冲来。
-My brother is scheduled to die. 我哥哥将被处死。
- Never really got used to them. got used to=习惯于
-Say hi to him for me,will you. 替我向他问好,好吧?
- She was under the impression that the guy was innocent. 她认为那个人是无罪的。be under the impression that=认为,觉得。
-t’s for your own good. 这是为你好。
-There are strict department of corrections guidelines that govern every aspect of an execution. 司 法部有严格的守则包括行刑的每个细节。 偶经常把他改为 There are strict rules and regulations in every company that govern every aspect of an execution. 在 这里主要是用在客人要偶寄样,但是偶要收费,对方不同意,于是偶就来这句话了。
-You got to stop listening to these people,they’re poisoning your brain.Your hormone things- they’re out of whack. 你要停止去听那些人的话,他们在毒害你的思想,你的荷尔蒙失衡了,它们影响了你。
- You seem nervous seem=象是,似乎。
- You’ve told me a thousand... 你已经告诉我N遍了... ...
- You’re sweating.你在出汗。